Added to Cart
More deals you may like
Functional Foods: The Connection Between Nutrition, Health, and Food Science
This product is shipped via the most economical route and is estimated to be delivered within 2-3 weeks of placing your order.
This title includes a number of Open Access chapters.
This new book presents a variety of important research on functional foods-foods that have another role related to disease prevention or health. The first section of the book includes chapters on the complicated relationships between nutrition, physical and mental health, and disease. Section two focuses on the connection between health science and food, and presents a number of case studies on the possible uses of functional foods. The book discusses important methods for nutritional interventions in relation to diseases such as obesity and other prominent health concerns in modern society.
- Nutrigenetics and metabolic diseases
- Nutrition intervention strategies to improve health
- Nutrition consumption timing around exercise sessions
- Nutritional therapies for mental disorders
- Health benefits of particular foods, such as eggs, milk, cereal, garlic, cinnamon, nuts, blueberries, etc.
- Mineral- and protein-enriched foods